How to Start a Chapter
NAAMA grows and becomes a stronger organization at the local, grass-roots level. It is easier logistically for interested physicians and health professionals within a reasonable distance to assemble, organize and become more active. This is the logic behind NAAMA’s policy to establish chapters that cover a 100-mile radius, to make it convenient for members to network and attend NAAMA events as well as make it easier to serve their needs. There are many advantages in forming NAAMA chapters:
- A local chapter provides its members a forum for getting together, exchanging experiences and networking
- It provides a platform for family involvement and social activities.
- It helps to maintain our heritage and aids the new generation in developing an identity and pride in their roots.
- It projects a positive image in the local community through participation in cultural and civic affairs.
- It sets an example to the rest of the Arab community, and can lead their philanthropic and humanitarian drives.
- It sponsors CME activities, often with the support of pharmaceutical companies.
- It provides representation at the national level and grooms potential national leaders.
- It has the ability to bid for and host the annual national medical convention.