To qualify for membership, individuals must be of Arab descent or have a close affinity with individuals of Arab origin and shall be members of the medical profession as defined in the bylaws.
- Active membership: Licensed persons in the medical, dental, pharmacology professions in North America. Active members have the right to vote and hold office.
- Associate membership: Medical, dental and pharmacy students, interns, residents, and fellows in training in North America and physicians of Arab descent licensed in countries outside the United States and Canada who reside in North America. Associate members may not vote or hold office. The first year’s dues for interns, residents and fellows are complimentary. Student memberships are complimentary.
- Affiliate membership: Any person who practices in an allied health field and who is not otherwise eligible to hold active membership. Affiliate members may not vote or hold office. Examples of Affiliate members include nurses, physician assistants and neuroscientists.
- Honorary membership: Any person of Arab descent in the medical profession who has made a distinguished scientific contribution; and individuals of Arab or non-Arab descent who have contributed to the association and its cause. Honorary members may not vote or hold office.
- Corresponding membership: Persons in the medical, dental and pharmacology professions residing outside North America and licensed in the country of residence. Corresponding members may not vote or hold office.
- Auxiliary membership: Family members of Active, Associate, Affiliate or Honorary members of NAAMA or any individual not in the medical field who demonstrates commitment to NAAMA’s mission.
BenefitsMembers of NAAMA form a special group interested in sharing their medical expertise and cultural heritage with their colleagues. They are committed to improving medical conditions in the Arab world and in Arab American communities. A one-year membership entitles each member to:
- Three issues of NAAMA's flagship journal, "Al Hakeem"
- Monthly "NAAMA eNewsletter"
- Reduced registration fees at the NAAMA's annual CME-accredited international medical conventions
- Reduced registration fees at the NAAMA's annual CME-accredited national medical conventions
- Reduced registration fees at all NAAMA-sponsored, CME-accredited symposia
- Free attendance to most of NAAMA's chapter-sponsored CME events
- NAAMA members discounts on Alamo Rental Cars
- NAAMA members discounts on EMR software by MedcomSoft Inc
- NAAMA's special rebate program with Weir Manuel Realtors
- NAAMA's Shopping Portal with Market America:
- Visit our shopping portal at www.marketamerica.com/naama
- Register as a Preferred Customer
- Click “Sign in” in the upper right hand corner
- Select the “No I am a new customer” option
- Follow the prompts
- You are now eligible to earn up to 35% on qualified purchases
Please consider self-nominating or nominating a fellow member. Click here for the FAAMA Application form. For more information, please contact NAAMA Office Manager Hussein Abdallah at 248-646-3661 or firstname.lastname@example.org